- Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce RTX 2070
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
GeForce RTX 2080
Quadro P5200 with Max-Q Design
Quadro P4200 with Max-Q Design
Quadro P2000 with Max-Q Design
- Added a graphics API visual indicator. It can be toggled through nvidia-settings' "OpenGL Settings" panel, the
__GL_SHOW_GRAPHICS_OSD environment variable, or the GLShowGraphicsOSD application profile. See the README for more information.
- Added support for X11 RandR transformations on outputs where the NVIDIA X driver is used as a synchronized RandR 1.4 output source (i.e., "PRIME Sync").
- Fixed a bug that caused OpenGL corruption on outputs where the NVIDIA X driver was used as an RandR 1.4 output source (i.e., "PRIME"), and the output sink required a software cursor.
- Fixed an X driver RandR output source (i.e., "PRIME") bug that could cause a duplicate cursor to appear on such outputs.
- Exposed EGL 1.5 in the EGL version string. This does not add any extra functionality to the EGL driver. All EGL 1.5 features were already supported through EGL 1.4 plus extensions.
- Added the OptiX ray tracing engine, libnvoptix.so.1, to the driver package.
This library is loaded by the liboptix.so.* library bundled with applications that use the OptiX API.
- Updated nvidia-installer to allow the --no-cc-version-check option to disable the compiler version check when installing with DKMS.
- Added experimental support for VK_EXT_global_priority.
- Removed support for the VK_NV_glsl_shader Vulkan extension. This extension was added before the Vulkan ecosystem had mature SPIR-V compilers and tools. Now that the SPIR-V compilers and tools have advanced, Vulkan developers are encouraged to use SPIR-V instead of GLSL.
- Fixed a bug that caused VDPAU-decoded H.265/HEVC content to have interlaced artifacts when shared with OpenGL through the GL_NV_vdpau_interop extension.
- Implemented support for Vulkan real-time ray tracing extensions (VK_NV_raytracing). Two new libraries, libnvidia-rtcore.so and libnvidia-cbl.so, have been added to support the new functionality. These new libraries are needed by Vulkan at run-time to expose the new extension. If they are not found, Vulkan will continue to work without VK_NV_raytracing support.
- Removed OpenGL header files from the installer package, which were deprecated and not installed by default since release 260.19.04, but could still be installed with the '--opengl-headers' option. If your distribution doesn't provide a package with headers, up-to-date headers can be found at these locations: https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL/index_gl.php https://github.com/NVIDIA/libglvnd/tree/master/include/GL
- Added a USB-C connector type identifier, such that a display connected using the USB-C connector that was previously reported as e.g. DP-5 will now be USB-C-0. Scripts and configuration files that use the DP identifier for this connector will be affected.