Product PR Manager - India
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Visual Computing Industry Leaders Line Up To Sponsor NVISION 08
Christie, EVGA, HP, Microsoft, and PNY Technologies Head Up Key Sponsorships of First-Ever Visual Computing Mega-Event
SANTA CLARA, CA—JULY 24, 2008—NVIDIA today announced the key sponsors for NVISION® 08, the premier event for visual computing professionals and enthusiasts. Leading the list of sponsors and key contributors for the conference are Christie Digital Systems, EVGA, HP, Microsoft, and PNY Technologies. NVISION 08 will be held August 25-27, 2008 in San Jose, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, and will serve as a gathering point to share, learn, and create for this important industry which is redefining all aspects of computing.
“Visual computing is top-of-mind for many HP customers,” said Jim Zafarana, vice president, marketing, Workstations Global Business Unit, HP. “Our customers are breaking new ground in video game development, online content creation, animation and production for television and movies and more. HP is delighted to join NVIDIA to bring the NVISION audience the best in visual computing.”
“NVIDIA products continue to improve the overall visual experience of Windows Vista and enable applications to take advantage of the visual capabilities Windows Vista brings to computing professionals and enthusiasts alike,” said Mike Ybarra, senior director of product management at Microsoft Corporation. “We are excited to be involved in this event and look forward to continuing to work with NVIDIA to deliver enhanced visual/graphic experiences on Windows.”
Other NVISION 08 sponsors include Adobe, Antec, ASUS, Autodesk, Cooley Godward Kronish LLP, CyberPower, Dassault Systèmes, Digital Storm, ECS, GIGABYTE, iGames, Jetway, Maingear, Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Morgan Stanley, MSI, Namics Technologies, Newegg.com, OCZ Technology Group, Palit Multimedia, Patriot Memory, Phoenix Precision Technology, Qimonda, RR Donnelley, Softimage, STATS ChipPac, Superworld Electronics, TAGAN, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd., Thermaltake, TigerDirect.com/CompUSA, ViewSonic, ZOTAC.
Key Sponsor Highlights:
- Christie Digital Systems USA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ushio, Inc., Japan, (JP:6925), is a leader in visual solutions for world-class organisations, offering diverse applications for business, entertainment, and industry. A leading innovator in film projection since 1929 and a pioneer in digital projection systems since 1979, Christie has established a global reputation as a total service provider and the world's single source manufacturer of a variety of display technologies and solutions. With the acquisition of Vista Controls Systems Corporation, Christie offers the most complete and advanced solutions for cinema, live venues, control rooms, business presentations, training facilities, 3D and Virtual Reality, simulation and education as well as industrial and government environments. For more information, visit www.christiedigital.com.
- EVGA is the #1 NVIDIA authorised partner in channel sales throughout North America. Based on the philosophy of intelligent innovation, market knowledge, and the real time operation, EVGA continues to identify the needs in the marketplace and provide solutions to those needs. By offering product differentiation, 24/7 tech support, a 90 day Step-Up program, and other customer focused programs, EVGA is a clear leader in all categories: etail, retail, distribution, and system builders. With headquarters in Brea, CA, EVGA’s global coverage includes EVGA GmbH in Munich, EVGA LATAM in Miami, and EVGA Hong Kong.
- HP focuses on simplifying technology experiences for all of its customers – from individual consumers to the largest businesses. With a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP is among the world’s largest IT companies, with revenue totaling $110.4 billion for the four fiscal quarters ended April 30, 2008. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
- Microsoft – Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realise their full potential.
- PNY Technologies - Established in 1985, PNY Technologies® Inc. is a leading manufacturer and supplier of memory upgrade modules, high capacity flash memory cards, USB flash drives as well as GeForce consumer graphics cards, Quadro professional workstation graphics cards and nForce motherboards. The company’s photography, mobility, 3D gaming and business solutions are widely available from major retail, e-tail and wholesale outlets internationally. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., PNY maintains facilities in North America (Santa Clara and Orange County, Calif., Miami, Fla. and Parsippany, N.J.), Europe (Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, United Kingdom,) Asia (Taiwan and China) and Latin America.
About NVISION 08
Taking place on August 25-27, 2008 in San Jose, California, NVISION 08 is a three-day mega-event for professionals and enthusiasts who are passionate about visual computing. Thousands of engineers, designers, developers, researchers, artists, enthusiasts, gamers, film makers, business professionals, and consumers from around the world are expected to attend. Registration for the NVISION 08 conference is now open at: http://www.amireg.com/nvision08/intro.html.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualisation market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla™ products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. NVIDIA's inaugural NVISION 08 conference will be held August 25-27, 2008 in San Jose, California. For more information, visit www.nvidia.co.in and http://www.nvidia.co.in/object/nvision2008_in.html.
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to, statements as to: the impact, performance and benefits of using NVIDIA products; the impact and future of visual computing; the sponsors, key contributors, events, anticipated attendees and number of attendees of NVISION 08; are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include: rescheduling or cancellation of the NVISION 08 events; design, manufacturing or software defects; loss of performance when systems are integrated; development of faster or more efficient GPU or CPU technology; changes in customer demands and preferences; the impact of competition and our competitors’ products and technologies as well as other factors detailed from time to time in the reports NVIDIA files with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its Form 10-Q for the fiscal period ended April 27, 2008. Copies of reports filed with the SEC are posted on our website and are available from NVIDIA without charge. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and speak only as of the date hereof, and, except as required by law, NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances.
NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, and Tesla, CUDA, Quadro, and GeForce are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.