European PR Manager
Director of Product PR EMEA
Tel: +33 1 55 63 84 92
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NVIDIA® Demonstrates High Definition Processor Leadership at CES
High Definition Gaming and High Definition Video are Ubiquitous at the NVIDIA CES Stand
CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW (CES)-LAS VEGAS, NV-JANUARY 05, 2006 -As the digital age becomes more pervasive, high definition visuals are becoming increasingly important. A walk through the NVIDIA tradeshow stand at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), being held this week in Las Vegas, could leave you with the impression that NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the centre of the digital revolution. On the stand high definition games and high definition video are abound on a variety of platforms, all driven by powerful NVIDIA graphics and video processors designed to deliver smooth high definition playback and pristine image quality.
To find out more visit the NVIDIA stand at CES on January 5-9, located in booth number 36200 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
"NVIDIA has an exceptional track record for technology leadership and execution in creating computer chips that process digital information quickly with high quality output," stated Rob Csongor, vice president of worldwide marketing at NVIDIA. "The shift to digital media places NVIDIA in an enviable position because we can apply our expertise to new high definition formats and drive our award-winning technologies into new mobile and digital video platforms."
The NVIDIA CES stand offers a HD experience for almost any digital media application. Demonstrations at the NVIDIA CES booth include:
- Home Theatre PCs
- The world's first High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) PC, the Sony VAIO VGX-XL1 Digital Living System, featuring the NVIDIA GeForce® 6200 GPU and PureVideo™ technology.
- A large selection of the latest Media Center PCs featuring the GeForce 6600 with passive cooling for silent operation.
- HD Gaming
- The complete line of NVIDIA GeForce® 6 and GeForce 7 GPUS, which are based on the Company's award-winning architectures and feature groundbreaking visual effects technologies.
- HD games displayed on the brilliant, new Dell 3007 WFP 30-inch flat screen display.
- HD gaming titles including Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach from Turbine Entertainment/Atari, Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy from Vivendi-Universal, F.E.A.R. from Vivendi-Universal, The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 from Electronic Arts, SWAT 4: The Sketchkov Syndicate from Vivendi-Universal, and TimeShift from Atari.
- Create, Edit and deliver
- NVIDIA will be showcasing their partners who use PureVideo technology to accelerate and enhance all stages of the professional and pro-sumer digital video production pipeline.
- 3D Edit and Red Giant Software showing HD video editing accelerated by NVIDIA PureVideo technology.
- HD DVD and Blu-ray movie acceleration
- Cyberlink, Intervideo, and Nero will be demonstrating playback of movies encoded in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC-the next-generation format that will be used on HD DVD and Blu-ray disks-using hardware acceleration provided by NVIDIA PureVideo technology.
- Handheld graphics processing
- NVIDIA GoForce 3D 4800 handheld GPU-powered devices including the 3G Motorola RAZR V3x and the latest in their range of Sony Ericsson Walkman™ phones, the Sony Ericsson W900i,
- NVIDIA GoForce 4000-powered devices, including the LG KC 8100, the Kyocera C76 and DO3, the Motorola E1000, V980 and V1070, and the SimCom S788 mobile phones.
- Microsoft® Vista®
- The graphical enhancements of the soon to be released operating system from Microsoft will be highlighted on a variety of Vista-ready GPUs from NVIDIA.
- Featured in NVIDIA GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs, NVIDIA PureVideo technology allows users to experience home theatre quality video on a PC with superb picture clarity and precise, vivid colors across all high-definition (HD) resolutions. High quality HD output is powered by NVIDIA PureVideo technology, whose hardware acceleration engine and advanced software algorithms enable smooth, crystal-clear playback playback of HD video, including H.264/MPEG4-AVC, Windows® Media Video 9- and MPEG 2-based footage, with minimal CPU overhead.
NVIDIA Corporation is a worldwide leader in graphics and digital media processors. The Company’s products enhance the end-user experience on consumer and professional computing devices. NVIDIA graphics processing units (GPUs), media and communications processors (MCPs), and wireless media processors (WMPs) have broad market reach and are incorporated into a variety of platforms, including consumer and enterprise PCs, notebooks, workstations, PDAs, mobile phones, and video game consoles. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and employs more than 2,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit the Company’s Web site at www.nvidia.in.
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to, statements as to our relationships with customers and partners in the film industry and the features, benefits, performance and capability of the NVIDIA Quadro FX are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, delays in ramping new products into production, adoption of other technologies or products by those in the film industry, manufacturing defects, incompatibility of technologies, reliance on third-party manufacturers, the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives, n changes in the film industry standards, our dependence on third-party developers and other risks detailed from time to time in the NVIDIA reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended October 24, 2004. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
# # #
Copyright © 2005 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room.